Spring is officially here! Open those windows and freshen up your bedroom with me! I have put together 5 super easy and effective ways to spring clean your bedroom!
- Dust the floor boards - I have white floor boards and an extremely dusty house so dusting my bedroom floor boards are a must to keep my room looking clean! You don’t need any cleaning sprays for this job! I just use an old rag and some warm water.
- Vacuum under bed - Like I have mentioned before, I have some crazy allergies so this step is done 2x a year. I move my bed with some help and vacuum really well under and behind my bed. You will be shocked just how dusty it gets!
- Dust windows and air vents - Grab some windex and paper towels and get to washing! Make sure you dust the windowsill as well! After a long winter of running your heater, your air vents will surely be filled with gross dust and allergens. I like to use my duster swiffer for this job but a rag and warm water will do the trick as well!
- Wash your pillows - Pop your pillows in the washer to freshen them up. Make sure you check washing instructions that might be on the pillow. Most pillows can be washed in cold water and dried on low heat. Do not wash memory foam pillows, those are spot clean only. Check out our video on how to wash your pillow properly.
- Deodorize your mattress - Let’s freshen up the mattress this spring with 2 tools, a vacuum and baking soda! Take your bedding off and do a quick vacuum over your mattress. Next, sprinkle a whole box of baking soda on the mattress top. You want to leave this on for at least 10 hours, 24 hours is best. Vacuum up the baking soda and put some fresh clean bedding back on the bed.
Don’t skip the bedroom while spring cleaning your home this year! Do you have any cleaning tips to share? Leave a comment below, I would love to hear it!